The Brookside Club of Saratoga was founded in 1959 by six families known as the founding members. These families wanted a place that offered swimming, tennis, and a great social atmosphere.
After working with the City and the neighbors, Brookside was formed. The original plans for the club included three tennis courts and a pool.
The six founding members were:
· Mr. and Mrs. B. Gordon Cameron
· Mr. and Mrs. V. David Demarest Jr.
· Mr. and Mrs. Reg Foster
· Mr. and Mrs. Faber L. Johnston Jr.
· Mr. and Mrs. B. Earl Lewis
· Mr. and Mrs. William R. McMahon
Fifty years since those six founding members set forth their plan, to create Brookside, the club has blossomed into something the founders probably never imagined possible. The club now includes nine tennis courts, an expanded pool, and an extensive clubhouse that includes a children’s play area. Not to mention the children’s playground and the volleyball net adjacent to the pool. With a close knit membership of 250 families, Brookside is a wonderful place for the whole family to enjoy.